Monday, January 19, 2009

My Cake Babies

Those of you who know me, know I often refer to my cakes as "My Babies". I don't have kids yet, which seems long overdue to most of my family, however I definitely have this "business kid" needing much nurturing and attention, constantly sucking money out of my pocketbook, and keeping me active long hours during the day (and night!).



As a proud mom, my sister posts her babies, Whitaker and Campbell, on her blog to send love and updates to the family...well...I post pictures of my cakes.


Today I definitely did feel like a proud mom watching my cakes get some time in the spotlight. We had a photoshoot today, preparing for our new website COMING SOON!

Amy Beadle, a great food photographer http://chimeraobscura.com/mi/, came to the studio and got shots of all of our upcoming seasonal cakes, featured birthday cakes, and lots of our Sweet Treats. It was a productive day - can't wait to see how the pictures turn out. STAY TUNED for updates on our new site (and don't ask to see the cake pics yet - they are top secret until the new website launch!)


















Us Getting Ready for the Shoot - LOTS OF WORK!!! Faith is the best assistant in the world!





No comments: