Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Beautiful Birthday

Beautiful Johanna's Birthday Celebration was last night. She's so beautiful inside AND out and deserved nothing less than a beautiful cake!











I made her an Indian-themed cake with a Henna design. The cake was covered in royal purple fondant with a shimmery orange fondant ribbon, and the design hand-panted on top.











The flavor of the cake was Winter White with Nutella Buttercream and the cupcakes were Champagne Chic with Strawberry Buttercream.
























We started the evening out eating Corn Fritters and Curry at a Thai restaurant called Galanga in the West Village (thanks to the amazing party planner, Aaron).
Then a few of us girls took Johanna to a Jazz club down the block (again, thanks to Aaron!) It was fun! I was sort of a gramma and left at 11, but the night overall was fabulous.















HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHANNA! WE LOVE YOU!


1 comment:

Debra said...

I want a cake just like that! Wish I were there. Maybe in the spring. Will yall have room? I have the most fantastic nieces! And you, my darling, are one of them! I am blessed, so blessed! Thank you Father. And Cara, daahling, thank you for sharing your life with me. I love the Internet for these very reasons. Auntie Deb